27 Aug Nordic Pole Walk
WHAT IS NORDIC POLE WALKING????
The fitness and health benefits of Nordic Walking are significantly greater than regular walking, trekking or even jogging, with scientific research from Europe and the USA proving that Nordic Walking:
- Activates 90% of the body’s muscles
- Burns up to 46% more calories than regular walking
- Increases aerobic effect by up to 25% compared to regular walking
- Decreases load and strain on the lower body
- Tones upper arms, shoulders and back muscles
- Improves lateral mobility of the spine
- Develops core stability and strength
- Promotes an upright posture
These benefits are achieved through the use of specially designed poles and a properly learned and performed Nordic Walking technique, whereby the poles are used as a resistance tool to engage the upper body. The result is a low impact, high results, total body exercise.