QSC is proud to be the host of a wonderful group of ladies who meet twice a month: Community Crafts! Some may see this as a means to visit and work on projects, which is done, BUT… did you know, this group donates and distributes hundreds of cozy handmade items throughout the community? Here are some of the wonderful beneficiaries of this great team:
- Patients at GF Hospital Cancer Center receive hats and lap blankets
- Residents at Centers Health Nursing Homes receive hats, robes & lap blankets
- Open Arms Pregnancy Center receives baby hats and blankets
- Warren County Head Start receives nap blankets
- The Wait House receives a wide variety of items
- Queensbury Elementary School receives over 300 hats & almost 100 mitten pairs, plus scarfs, each year through the “Hat & Mitten Tree” project for students in need.
Chairwoman Ginny DeSantis & the entire Community Crafts group would like to give heartfelt THANKS to all of those who have contributed to the many projects throughout the year!
Community Crafts will always accept donations of acrylic yarn. Anyone with a basic knowledge of crocheting or knitting is welcome to join the group, which meets the 2nd and last Monday of the month at 9:30 a.m. at the Center.